Even the Best Fall Down Sometimes
April232014

slaycinder:

jpgay:

i hate when a more attractive person has a crush on the same person i do

It’s like performing in a talent show and finding out that Beyonce is going on before you

(via personally-purple)

1AM
“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” ― Osho (via psych-quotes)

(via personally-purple)

April222014
“I’ll be waiting here
across the deep dark waters
for you to swim home.” Daily Haiku on Love by Tyler Knott Gregson (via tylerknott)

(via crazythingcalledlifee)

6PM
“You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.” Anne Lamott from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

(Source: amanda-oaks)

5PM
“Typing is only 10% of writing a novel. The other 90% is staring into space, muttering to yourself, pacing the room, or sitting about looking like you’re doing nothing… Some people struggle to come up with their novel’s plot, because although they can leap into the world of their story, staying there for long enough to get something useful out of it, takes practise. Get used to thinking - just thinking and nothing else - and you’ll learn what your story is about before you’ve even typed a word.” binglybonglybeep

(Source: binglybonglybeep)

3PM
“I’ve often said there are no rules for writers. Let me share the WORST AND MOST HARMFUL ADVICE I was ever given by others. 1) Write what you know. 2) You’ll have to polish every sentence you write three or four times. 3) Genius is one tenth talent and nine tenths hard work and 4) You’re not a real writer if you don’t write every day. —- ALL OF THAT WAS HARMFUL TO ME. ALL OF IT. IT HURT AND IT SET ME BACK. ——- So I say again, there are no rules. It’s amazing how willing people are to tell you that you aren’t a real writer unless you conform to their cliches and their rules. My advice? Reject rules and critics out of hand. Define yourself. Do it your way. Make yourself the writer of your dreams. Protect your voice, your vision, your characters, your story, your imagination, your dreams.” Anne Rice

(Source: ronanlunch)

2PM
“When you’re missing a piece of yourself, aching, gut wrenching emptiness begins to take over. Until you find the link that completes your very soul, the feeling will never go away. Most people find a way to fill this void, material possessions, a string of relationships, affairs, food…I bear my soul, with words, for all to see.” Jennifer Salaiz

(Source: writersrelief)

1PM

sweetwinterhello replied to your post “I wrote a collection of poetry about him a year ago. that’s effing…”

you should post it!

haha it would need to be pretty heavily edited first. It looks like I must have just sat down and wrote for a solid few hours one night without trying too hard. There’s good lines in it, but overall the quality is not good. 

12PM
“Writing is something that happens to us. We don’t “do” writing. We are each a “place” on the Earth where from time to time writing happens. How lucky to be chosen to be that place.” Marilyn Krysl

(Source: velamag)

1AM

I wrote a collection of poetry about him a year ago. that’s effing weird. I don’t even remember doing that. 

← Older entries Page 1 of 1265